Youth and Women in Business
Youth unemployment is an urgent problem in South Africa and we’re committed to doing what we can to turn things around. We have registered with the YES programme and are committed to the hosting of unemployed youth within our business in available positions for one year. During this time, employees will acquire work experience as well as soft-skills development.
Mlima Group is also committed to the development of women in business and the elimination of the gender employment divide.
Our work with women involves:
- Identifying government and other support programmes that women entrepreneurs can apply for.
- Providing end to end support in the engagement of women in these programmes.
- Developing mentorship programmes and networking opportunities.
- Promoting Woman’s Day Celebrations as part of corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Developing digital content to promote equality and diversity in the workplace.